Self-care is essential for positive mental health and wellbeing. It is in the times when we don’t feel our best, that we need to practice self-kindness the most. Use this list of 50 best self-care ideas, to help you overcome your bad days.
50 Self-Care Ideas
Completing self-care isn’t easy. It takes dedication, commitment and a lot of practice.
If you’re reading this blog post then you are somebody that will find happiness through self-love. Simply put, if you want it and are willing to work for it, you’ll get it.
When you have a read of this list, please do write down the self-care ideas that you’d like to try for yourself. I hope that this post inspires you to take a little bit of time out, and insert some much-needed self-love into your daily routines.
1. Take your medication if necessary
2. Practice breathing exercises
3. Stay hydrated
4. Do some stretching
5. Allow yourself to sleep until you feel rested
6. Complete regular exercise and physical movement
7. Eat three meals every day
8. Do a breast self-examination
9. Massage your skin with a free sample from your local Lush store
10. Focus on your basic needs
11. Change into something more comfortable
12. Complete a small act of kindness for somebody, without expecting something in return
13. Reduce stress by saying no to new commitments
14. Find a creative outlet that you love
15. Write a list of everything that you are grateful for
16. Spend time on self-reflection through journalling
17. Use positive affirmations and self talk
18. Buy yourself flowers
19. Create a self care box
20. Find forgiveness without receiving an apology
21. Smile at a stranger
22. Get lost in a new book
23. Print some free mindful colouring pages
24. Write to a pen pal
25. Let yourself cry
26. Read inspiring quotes
27. Create a vision board
28. Watch a feel good movie
29. Leave your comfort zone
Some Related Posts I Think You’ll Love:
30. Unfollow or mute accounts on social media which make you feel negatively
31. Spend time with your loved ones
32. Ask for help from your support systems
33. Take a break from social media
34. Distance yourself from toxic relationships
35. Call a loved one
36. Volunteer for a local cause
37. Attend therapy sessions
38. Hug someone
39. Join a local support group
40. Control the media outlets which you consume
41. Limit your screen time
42. Research crystals and their healing properties
43. Try aroma therapy
44. Enjoy some alone time
45. Complete daily meditations
46. Write without editing your words
47. Try eco-therapy by spending time in nature
48. Reorganise and declutter your safe space
50. Be present
51. Explore chanting
I hope that these self-care ideas can help you to create the perfect wellness routine!
I would love to know in the comments which idea you’re going to try!
Below are links to websites that can help you, if you are struggling with your mental health. Please know that you are worthy of love, support and recovery.
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it to save for later!